Organic chopped tomatoes 750g
Pomì boxed tomatoes contain a pulp sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish.
Ingredients for 4 people or more
|Organic chopped tomatoes 750g||2 cups|
|Chopped fresh parsley leaves||½ cup|
|Chopped green bell peppers||1 cup|
|Chopped yellow onions||1 cup|
|Dried oregano||1 tsp|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Ground black pepper||1 tsp|
|Italian sausage (chicken or pork sausage)||12 ounces, casings removed|
|Small white beans||2 14 oz cans|
|Water||½ cup, more if needed|
This easy and comforting stew with Italian sausage, beans and Pomì Organic Chopped Tomatoes is the perfect weeknight dinner. Just add your favorite crusty bread!
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil until shimmering but not smoking.
2. Add onions and green peppers. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Then add Italian sausage. Cook until sausage is fully browned (about 5 to 6 minutes more). Be sure to break up the sausage using a wooden spoon and toss regularly until fully cooked through.
3. Add white beans, Pomì Organic Chopped Tomatoes, water, oregano, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, and watch if more water is needed (add only a very little bit at a time).
4. Finally, stir in fresh parsley and remove the Italian sausage and bean stew from heat.
5. Serve with your favorite crusty bread.
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com