Chopped Tomatoes 750g
A single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and any recipe. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos!
Ingredients for 4 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 750g||1 cup|
|Chopped fresh parsley leaves||½ oz|
|Chopped green bell pepper||3 ½ oz|
|Cooking oil||to taste|
|Distilled white vinegar||1 ½ tbsp|
|Dried oregano||1 tsp|
|Finely chopped yellow onions||2 oz|
|Garlic cloves||2 minced|
|Hot chili peppers (optional)||4|
|Olive oil||to taste|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Sweet paprika||½ tsp|
|Thin white fish fillet of your choice||1 lb (4 to 5 pieces thin fish fillets about ¼ inch or so in thickness each)|
A tasty and quick weeknight fish dinner. The secret to this one is in the flavor-packed chunky tomato sauce with Pomì Chopped Tomatoes, bell peppers and onions!
1. Start by making the sauce. In a sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking.
2. Add bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring until softened.
3. Add Pomì Chopped Tomatoes and water. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and oregano. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let sauce simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in white vinegar and fresh parsley. Set aside but keep warm.
4. Pat fish fillets dry and simply season with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. In a large skillet, heat about 1 to 2 tbsp cooking oil (any kind of healthy cooking oil is fine). Turn heat down a little and very carefully add hot peppers (oil may splash). Cook until tender and nicely colored (this step is totally optional, and you can skip it if you don’t like hot peppers). Remove peppers from skillet and set aside to drain any excess oil.
6. In the same skillet add more cooking oil (you need about ¼ cup oil or so in skillet) and heat over medium-high. Using tongs, carefully add fish, sear on one side for 4 minutes or until nice and golden (searing time will depend on thickness), then turn over and sear on other side another 3 to 4 minutes until fish is flaky and cooked through.
7. Serve fish hot with lots of the prepared Pomì sauce on top and hot peppers on the side, if you like. Add your favorite grain or some good crusty bread to go along. Enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com