It has a homemade feel, reminding of the authentic pleasure of the rural recipes because it maintains all the characteristics of fresh tomatoes, including peel and seeds. The unique and typically homemade texture of fresh tomatoes, roasted, peeled and strained leaving a delicious and very fine pulp great for sauces, pizzas and bruschette or as a base for more traditional recipes.
Ingredients for 2 people
|Rustica Tomato Sauce 700g||180 g|
|Frying oil||to taste|
|Grated Parmigiano Reggiano||60 g|
- Cut the aubergines into slices and fry in oil until golden.
- In the meantime cook the tomato for 15 minutes on a high flame with the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and grate the Parmigiano.
- Assemble the parmigiana in a tray by alternating layers of tomato, aubergine, mozzarella and Parmigiano.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.