Chopped Tomatoes 750g
A single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and any recipe. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos!
Ingredients for 6 people
|Chopped Tomatoes 750g||1 box|
|Cannellini beans||1 can, rinsed and drained|
|Carrots||2 peeled and chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 cup|
|Dry bay leaves||2|
|Dry thyme||1 ½ tsp|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Garlic cloves||4 chopped|
|Ground turkey||¾ lb|
|Parmesan cheese||1 rind|
|Red onion||1 medium, chopped|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Small pasta||2 cups, cooked according to package instructions and drained|
|Sweet paprika||1 tsp|
|Torn fresh basil leaves||½ cup|
|Water||7 cups (or 4 cups no-sodium vegetable broth and 3 cups of water)|
|Yellow summer squash||1 diced|
A simple summer minestrone, augmented with ground turkey and fresh herbs, makes the perfect one-pot meal. Just add your favorite crusty bread to serve!
1. Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cooking, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and ground turkey (break turkey up with wooden spoon.) Season with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp sweet paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally until turkey is fully cooked through.
3. Add Pomì Chopped Tomatoes, water, zucchini, yellow squash, bay leaves, thyme, and Parmesan rind.
4. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 25 minutes or so.
5. Uncover and add cannellini beans. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until beans are incorporated and warmed through.
6. Add the cooked pasta before serving, and let that cook through up to 5 minutes until warmed.
7. Off heat, stir in parsley and basil.
8. Serve hot with your favorite crusty bread.
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com