A single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and any recipe. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatoes! Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening. How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
|Chopped Tomatoes 750g||750 gr|
|Celery sticks, chopped||2|
|Chopped fresh dill||1 cup|
|Chopped green bell pepper||1 cup|
|Chopped red bell pepper||1 cup|
|Dry bay leaf||1|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 tsp|
|Garlic cloves, minced||4|
|Ground allspice||1 tsp|
|Ground cumin||1 tsp|
|Large avocado, pitted and diced||1|
|Large zucchini, diced||1|
|Onions, trimmed, chopped (both whites and greens)||3|
|Pearl barley||1 cup|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Small yellow onion, chopped||1|
|Sweet paprika||½ tsp|
|Vegetable or chicken broth||6 cups|
A satisfying, warm-your-heart Mediterranean soup with pearl barley, lots of chopped veggies, and a flavor-packed broth with Pomì chopped tomatoes. A splash of lemon juice, fresh green onions and avocados, add just the right finish.
1. In a large heavy pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions and chopped vegetables and cook for 4 minutes, tossing regularly, until softened. Add garlic and cook another 1 to 2 minutes, tossing regularly.
2. Now add Pomì chopped tomatoes, bay leaf, spices, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
3. Add broth and barley. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes uncovered. Then, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook on low until pearl barley is tender (another 25 minutes or so. Test to make sure barley is fully cooked).
4. To finish, stir in lemon juice. Add fresh dill and fresh chopped green onions.
5. Transfer the vegetable barely soup to serving bowls and top each with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh avocados. Enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com