Chopped Tomatoes 750g
1 ¼ cup
A single ingredient: fresh tomatoes ripened under the sun, cut in delicious chunks and packaged on location to bring to the table an inimitable taste. An excellent ingredient to exalt the taste of Pasta Sauces and any recipe. Chopped tomatoes are perfect for recipes that call for diced tomatos! Store up to 5 days in the fridge after opening How is it made? The tomatoes are washed, peeled, chopped and mixed with a lightly concentrated tomato juice. The product is then thermally pasteurized and aseptically filled in our signature carton boxes. The product is exclusively made of Italian tomatoes from our farmers. Chopped tomatoes contain visible seeds and peels.
Ingredients for 6 or more people
|Chopped Tomatoes 750g||1 ¼ cup|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Chopped fresh mint leaves||2 tsp|
|Chopped fresh parsley leaves||½ cup|
|Chopped yellow onions||1 cup (about 5 ounces)|
|Crostini or toasted sliced bread||to serve|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||½ tsp|
|Distilled white vinegar||2 tsp|
|Dried oregano||1 tsp|
|Eggplant||1 (about 1 ¼ lb) peeled and cubed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Garlic cloves||4 chopped|
|Kosher salt||to taste|
|Toasted pine nuts (optional)||for garnish|
This hearty, flavor-packed roasted eggplant bruschetta with Pomì Chopped Tomatoes is the perfect appetizer. Vegan and Gluten Free.
1. Place cubed eggplant in a large colander over your sink. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minutes or so.
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Pat eggplant dry and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle about 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and give the eggplant a good toss to coat. Spread in one layer. Cover with foil and roast in the heated oven for about 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
3. While the eggplant is roasting, in a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add chopped onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring regularly until fragrant but not browned.
4. Add Pomì Chopped Tomatoes and ½ cup water. Season with salt, then add pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
5. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Add roasted eggplant to the simmering sauce. Stir to combine. Let simmer another 15 minutes or so, stirring occasionally (add a little bit of water if needed).
7. Remove from heat. Stir in white vinegar, fresh parsley and mint.
8. Transfer eggplant bruschetta to a serving bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature with crostini or toasted bread. Enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com