Organic chopped tomatoes 750g
Pomì boxed tomatoes contain a pulp sauce produced only with Italian organic tomatoes, healthy, fresh and perfectly ripe, processed immediately after harvesting. Excellent for pizza or pasta and to enhance the flavor of every fish-based dish.
Ingredients for 4 people or more
|Organic chopped tomatoes 750g||2 cups|
|1 jalapeno, sliced||optional|
|Black beans, drained and rinsed||1 15-oz can|
|Extra virgin olive oil||to taste|
|Fresh parsley||for garnish|
|Garlic cloves, chopped||4|
|Ground chili pepper||3 tsp|
|Ground cumin||1 tsp|
|Kidney beans, drained and rinsed||1 15-oz can|
|Large green bell pepper, chopped||½|
|Low-sodium vegetable broth||4 cups|
|Quinoa (uncooked)||½ cup|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Sweet paprika||1 tsp|
|Yellow onion, chopped||½|
This vegan quinoa chili is every bit a satisfying warm-your-heart meal! Layers of flavor from spices and Pomì Organic Chopped Tomatoes.
1. In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and water. Cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes until the water is absorbed (quinoa will be partially cooked). Remove from heat and set aside till later.
2. In large saucepan or pot, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions, garlic, and peppers. Cook for 4 minutes or so, tossing regularly until softened.
3. Add Pomì Organic Chopped Tomatoes, broth, and spices. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil
4. Stir in black beans, kidney beans, and quinoa. Lower heat and let simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and jalapeno slices, if using. Transfer to serving bowls. Enjoy!
Recipe by Suzy Karadsheh of TheMediterraneanDish.com